Thursday, 6 November 2008

Razak Baginda cancels press conference

Recently acquitted Abdul Razak Baginda (picture left) cancelled a press conference scheduled at a hotel here on Thursday, according to a Malaysiakini report. (Read here)

A group of local and international reporters had turned up at the hotel in anticipation of Razak breaking his silence .

The press conference was supposed to be his first following his acquittal on Oct 31 of abetment in the murder of Mongolian Altantuya Shaariibuu.

Several media organisations had received information on Wednesday night that the press conference had been cancelled but reporters and photographers still turned up at the hotel Thursday morning in case he changed his mind.

The journalists left when told by a senior manager of the hotel that the press conference had been cancelled.

Abdul Razak was however present at his home in Damansara, but he left the house with his family when several reporters arrived there without speaking to them.

His daughter, Rowena, issued a statement later, apologising for the cancellation.

"We apologise profusely for any inconvenience and confusion in this matter. As you can imagine there is much readjustment that my father has to do. "

1 comment:

ingin tahu said...

kenapa agaknya dia nak adakan sidang akhbar in the first place, lepei tu tukaq pikiran.