Monday 16 June 2008

I'll defend my post - Pak Lah

After announcing on Friday that he will hand over the transfer of power to his deputy at the right and best time prompting many to ask when is the right time, Prime Minister and Umno Presdent Datuk Abdullah Badawi said Sunday he will defend his post in the party elecctions in December.

"Anytime doesn’t mean two or three months," he said. So the transfer of power or changing of the guard in the party isnt going to happen that soon.

PM: I'll defend my post!


By YAP LENG KUEN

PUTRAJAYA: Prime Minister Datuk Seri Abdullah Ahmad Badawi has reiterated that he will defend his Umno presidency in the party elections in December.

Even though he has announced his plans for his deputy Datuk Seri Najib Razak to take over, he has not decided precisely on the date of handover.

“Anytime doesn’t mean two or three months,” he said at a briefing on Sunday to media leaders attending the World Economic Forum on East Asia here.

Abdullah denied that political uncertainty had negatively impacted foreign investments and he had, in fact, received many enquiries from the Middle East.

On the economy, he said a growth of 5.5% was achievable and that some mega projects could be adjusted while those people-centric projects with immediate impact would be implemented under the Ninth Malaysia Plan.

“This will be after the midterm review when we will also introduce new areas of 'soft development',” he said, referring to the corridor developments especially in Sabah and Sarawak.

On the criticism that some of the reform measures were still weak steps, he said:

“Reform has to be gradual. I will continue my work and it is not my attitude that just because you do not support me, I say forget it.”

Full story here


Related story here

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Tok mommy

I dont trust this sleeping flip-flop PM.

He has lost all credibilty.

Handing over leadership to Najib at the right and best time? He already said rigth and best time doent mean two or three months.

Now he wants to defend his post. What if he managed to retain it? Do yuu think he is willing to give it up?

Certainly not.

He might not have much up there. In this case, he'd certainly look like a fool if he did.

Not that I think Najib will be a good choice. I shudder to think that Rsomah will be the first lady if Najib becomes PM. She's going to reign supreme. issh!

Anonymous said...

Tok Mommy
The next time he speaks..check out his tongue...I bet it is forked. Cakap so berbelit-belit..even worse that a slithering snake. Pak Lah should say.."I am not going to give up my post. I just want to make people happy saying I am going to step down." That way it makes it easier for everyone to understand. Either he thinks he is going to live forever or someone has really have a tight grip on his balls..and I bet it is not Jean!! Gee..I am so damn mad.

Anonymous said...

This unintelligent PM encourage the people not only to hate him but also to kurang ajar to him. Rasa macam nak kasi satu sepak siam sama dia.

Wakmasnoor said...

He is right.

He will defends his post. What else can he possibly hope for? Stepping down before this coming UMNO's Election? That is NOW too late for him.

Wish you luck Pak Lah. You'll need that more than anyone.

Anonymous said...

Knowing him to flip-flop at the drop of the hat i'd say this sleepy head will resign very soon.

Caveat: 'very soon' sound urgent but has no definite time frame ;-) hehehe