Sunday 15 June 2008

I've got backing from Sabah to take on Abdullah...


...said Gua Musang Member of Parliament Tengku Razaleigh Hamzah (picrure right) and reported by the NST on Friday,

Tengku Razaleigh who is also Umno Supreme Council member and Gua Musang division chief claims he has the backing from Sabah to challenge Datuk Seri Abdullah Ahmad Badawi for the party presidency in December.

He said he has no problem accepting a Sabahan to contest the deputy and vice-president’s posts.

“When I was in Sabah, I was asked if Sabahans were allowed to contest and I told them I was open to the matter.

"I don’t think there are any differences between a Sabahan and a West Malaysian. They have the capability and in fact some of them are better than the people here,” he said.

He was speaking to reporters after a meeting with Umno members, here, where he briefed them on the current issues and problems facing the party.

Tengku Razaleigh denied claims that Sabah Umno members were not given a chance to contest for top posts.

He said as Umno had its origins in the peninsula and had gone to Sabah not too long ago, most members in the peninsula were still not familiar with their Sabah Umno members.

3 comments:

Pi Bani said...

Alahai, gambar muda zaman bila you letak tu Kak ton?? :)

maria a samad (kak ton) said...

pi,

Bagi can (chance) to Ku Li lar. Lol! He's quite cute in person, you know, with flawless pink complexion.

Btw, I got the photo from the ineternet. :)

maria a samad (kak ton) said...

Pi

Just wanna add this bit.

I kinda like him. He's a true gentleman in person. Doesnt forget to greet you when he sees you.

I used to cover the Dewan Rakyat way way back when I was a journalist with the Star.

Whenever he saw me and Nuraina, he'd come all the way to meet us and ask us about my dad.

Good PR!