The sitting is convened with the twin purpose of showing support for Pakatan Rakyat’s ousted Menteri Besar Mohamad Nizar Jamaluddin as well as to seek the dissolution of the state assembly.
But now it looks like the meeting will not convene after all because the main entrance to the Secretariat Building - which houses the State Legislative Assembly on the second floor - will be closed tomorrow.
All appointments scheduled at the State Secretriat Tuesday have been cancelled, according to an unsigned notice issued by the Management Service Division of the office of the State Secretariat.
In the meantime, Perak police chief Datuk Zulkifli Ahmad has issued a warning to the public not to gather at the state secretariat tomorrow.
Zulkifli said that according to the Assembly Secretary, Abdullah Antong Sabri, the emergency sitting tomorrow is not valid as it did not get the consent of Sultan Azlan Shah of Perak. (For latest on Abdullah read here and here).
Police roadblocks have already been erected along the main road leading to the state secretariat in Ipoh this evening, while Federal Reserve Unit personnel have been put on standby.
In an immediate reaction to the closure of the state secretariat tomorrow, senior DAP exco member Ngeh Koo Ham said all Pakatan state representatives will still attend the assembly.
Earlier in the morning, Perak executive councillor Mohd Zahir Abdul Khalid and two lawyers served a notice of misconduct to Sivakumar, referring him to the Rights and Privileges Committee which is headed by the Speaker himself.
The notice, handed to Sivakumar’s political secretary A. Wasu at the Speaker’s office at 11am, came with a report accusing him of abusing his power to commit contempt of the House by disloyalty to the Sultan of Perak, Sultan Azlan Shah.
Mohd Zahir told a press conference later that the Speaker was referred to the committee for violating Article 47 of the state constitution following his suspension of Perak Mentri Besar Datuk Dr Zambry Abd Kadir and his six exco members.
Sivakumar had called for an emergency sitting of the State Assembly invoking Standing Orders 8 and 11 to vote on two motions. But he had not sent out notices of the meeting to Zambry and his exco members.
Invitations were also not given to the three former Pakatan representatives who are now "BN-friendly" Independents.
There were reports that supporters of both parties would convene tomorrow - Barisan supporters to prevent the previous Pakatan Rakyat state government from convening the state assembly sitting, Pakatan supporters to stop them from doing so.
Reports from The Star and Malaysiakini