Tuesday 1 January 2008

I am the one...

...admits Health Minister Datuk Seri Dr Chua Soi to being the man in the sex DVD circulating in Johor.

Dr Chua, who is MCA Vice President, admitted during a press conference in Labis, Johor today, that he was the man captured on tape engaging in sexual acts with a young woman.

But despite his admission of guilt over the matter, Dr Chua stressed that he would not resign from his government and party positions.

"I serve at the pleasure of the prime minister," he said. "I will not allow (other) people to jeopardise or obstruct my duties."

Reading from a prepared statement at a press conference at the Labis MCA office here, the minister said he had met Datuk Seri Abdullah Ahmad Badawi in Putrajaya yesterday to explain the matter and personally apologise to the prime minister.

Bernama has the full story here

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dr Chua said his family has forgiven him. And that is what matters most.

The hell. You are a politician elected by the people as their MP. They are MORE important than yr family. Know that! Apologise to them - you owe that much to your constituents.

Some say he is a man to admit.I say he has no choice. It was made public.

He should RESIGN. That - is the most honourable thing to do.

Anonymous said...

This is what is called starting the year with a wham & a bangggggg!!

Anonymous said...

If he were a Japanese Cabinet Minister, Dr Chua would have to resign from his post and, out of shame, would probably commit suicide (not that I am favour of this).

But I suppose here in Malaysia under Pak Lah’s Islam Hadari Government the PM, I'm damn sure, will tolerate this sort of scandalous behaviour of his Cabinet Minister.

.. said...

hmmm..how shameful. I told hubs about Chua's DVD and before I could say another word, he told me "dont even think about it, I dont want to spoil my dinner or mood". Actually, I didnt say anything but he was assuming that I was interested in the DVD? Private life or not, he's still public property. How did the 'session' got recorded? Someone must have framed him? Scandals and Minister=nothing new, but to be recorded on DVD?

Anonymous said...

marykate,

There was never any doubt that Dr Chua Soi Lek was a victim of a conspiracy to bring him down politically.

He was definitely set up by his enemies. It was a very well planned conspiracy to discredit him.

But Dr Chua should have known that he was holding a public office. He was stupid enough to throw caution to the wind. Whose fault was it?

chua habag mai said...

I am the one.. should be a new box-office film, I am the one with laptop