Wednesday 23 January 2008

Praying for Nini's safe return...


The only time I listen to the radio is in the car when I am driving my grandson, Adam, to school.

That’s when I hear Encik Mohd Nashar Mat Husin 's voice on the air interrupting whatever programme that is on as he pleads to his daughter's abductors to return Sharlinie to the family because his wife has been having sleepless nights ever since she's gone missing two weeks ago.

It just so heatbreaking, I tell you. Surely Nini’s abductor/s would have heard his pleas? I am certain they tune in to the radio to find out what steps the police are taking to track them down. Who are they? Some heartless sickos?

It has been exactly 14 days today. No efforts have been spared in the search for five-year-old Shalinie. More than 100,000 posters of Nini have been distributed at strategic locations nationwide. Various organistions have come forward to help in whatever way they could.

The police have conducted search on 10,000 premises in the PJ district and drawn up a list of possible hide-outs of her abductors. They have also acted on every bit of information received, arrested two suspects (they were later released for lack of evidence), and rearrested the maid who gave false information. Interpol has been contacted to help in this case.

Pranksters aside, every possible theory has been put forward by well meaning citizens.

A commenter to tembam’s ( who has been aggressively blogging on Nini) and who also came to my blog has suggested that the police should seriously consider releasing Sharlinie's pictures with different hairstyles, e.g. boy cut or even bald. (upadate; Read what the police say : "Sharlinie's Appearance May Have Changed as reported by Bernama here )

But when everything else failed to produce new leads at this stage, I would not blame Sharlinie's parents for turning to bomohs for help.

They told Encik Nashar she'll be back soon. This is news that they want to hear.....and believe. I would too if I were them and my child kidnapped and her whereaboutsl unknown. I would want to believe in anything which gives me a glimmer of hope that my child is still alive.

Like Encik Nashar and all concerned Malaysians, I want to believe that Sharlinie is still alive and that the prediction about Sharlinie would come true.

So let's continue to pray for her safe return.

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

Kak Ton, you are right. been getting somewhat aggressive lately as the accumulated despair begins to set in. I am so hoping that the bomoh's are right and that she will be found soon.

Sebenarnya Kak Ton, it never occurred to me that such a thing could happen. That a child could be abducted for "ilmu hitam". When the news came I was in disbelief and highly sceptical but then with all this renewed interest in bomoh's in TV dramas and movies, it just became plausible. It makes no sense that despite all this publicity, Nini is still missing.

Thank you for the link to my blog. The number of visitors to my blog has grown because I know that they, like you and me, are looking for good news about her rescue. I try my best to update with whatever info that I can find but news is getting scarce and trying to think positive is becoming increasingly difficult. When the media gets tired, there are only the blogs left. I hope we are doing a good thing by blogging.

Salams to you and Adam is one lucky boy to have such a doting nenek.

Rockybru said...

kak ton,

there's little we can do except pray for the child's well-being.
i do wish the police could use the media more. inform the public what the police have done and advise members of the public what they could do to help.

for example, the cops said they have gone knocking on 10,000 doors in the PJ area. can't members of the public help? it would be easier if there is Rukun Tetangga and the members can go door-to-door in search of the missing girl. the least it would achieve is inform the occupants of those houses of the missing girl.

's just one. surely there are other ways members of the public can help, other than being the cops' ears and eyes.

Anonymous said...

The safe return of Sharlinie is what everyone hopes. With or without the bomohs help, the search must be intensified. I only wish the 50 bomohs would use all their powers combined and pinpoint exactly where the girl is, instead of coming out with vague statements like "Sharlinie had been hidden in a flat within a 5km radius of her home."

Let us all sembahyang hajat and pray for the safe return of Sharlinie. InshaAllah.

Hi&Lo said...

Kak Ton,

How do we soften the heart of one bent on evil?

Kerp (Ph.D) said...

i have been a little skeptical about all this nandrem thing since ages ago but for Nini's sake, i'm making this an exception. the bomohs looked rather convincing, so lets pray at the same time, what the bomoh predicted was spot-on, insyaAllah.

maria a samad (kak ton) said...

Hi tembam,

I tabik spring you lah. You are one committed blogger and the only one who has been consistently blogging and updating news on Sharlinie. I go to you blog several times a day just to see the updates. Thank you for all your efforts in keeping us informed.

About the bomoh thingy. Well, I am usually very skeptical about asking help from them. But if you are in a desperate situation as in the case of Nini’s parents, maybe I would do the same. I want to know who could tell me where my daughter is and if she is alive. After all, there are people who are gifted with the power to see beyond what ordinary people like you and I could. If I am not mistaken there is a TV series on how police turned to psychics to help solve crimes committed based on true cases.

No problems linking your blog to mine. I know there are many who are concerned and want to hear and read the latest on Nini.

You are doing a damn good job, tembam.

I just hope and pray nini is safe and Insya Allah berkat doa kita semua, selain dari usaha yang dijalankan oleh semua pihak she will be found unharmed.

maria a samad (kak ton) said...

rocky,

I think the police is in a no-win situation.

I am sure nini's abductors are keeping abreast with news on what the police are doing. Informing the media too much on wht they(police) are doing and will be doing might alert the abductors and prompt them to make their next move.

The abductors might be sick up there, but I dont think they are stupid.

Or put it this way: they are smarter than the police.

.. said...

Kak Ton, unfortunately, there are too many sickos now preying on children and it DOESNT HELP that Nurin's killer/s are free, it just set a very bad and more sickening example. It's the attitude of "I can get away with almost anything, esp murder" that makes perps not hesitating to make their evil moves. While the police failed big time on Nurin's case, they certainly did a way much better job this time, but unfortunately damage is done on the Nurin's case.

This bomoh stuff is really scary but then, any parent will do almost anything to get their child back, and it's even more sick that there's such a possibility that a child can be kidnapped for black magic ritual. Imgagine how the child and parents feel about this. Unfortunately, there's nothing we can do except pray and Nini needs all the prayers in the world to bring her back safely. At this moment, i'll trust even an cow if it can bring her back alive, what more a bomoh. I just hope that no one is giving false hope or asking for cheap publicity on this.

maria a samad (kak ton) said...

miqdad,

Setuju. With or without the the bomohs the search must continue and be intensified.

Diharapkan usaha yang dijalankan oleh bomoh2 itu akan membuahkan hasil.

And yes we will continue to pray & berdoa agar Nini will be found soon.

maria a samad (kak ton) said...

hi&lo

What can I say but pray that God Almighty will soften their heart and make them see the light.

We cant afford to give up. As tembam says in her blog: "giving up is not an option."

maria a samad (kak ton) said...

kerp,

Di dalam keadaan yang terdesak kita akan terus berikhtiar dengan apa cara juga.

Ini pula anak dah diculik dan tidak tahu samada dia masih lagi hidup atau tidak.

Bayangkan perasaan kedua ibu bapa Nini.

Like you, am sceptical abt turning to bomohs, tapi apa salahnya dlm keadaan saperti ini.

Tujuan dan matlama ialah mencari Sharlinie dengan harapan dia boleh diselamatkan.

Dan kita akan terus berdoa. Insya Allah.

maria a samad (kak ton) said...

marykate,

What else can we do? So helpless. There are sickos running free among us.

Two weeks and not much progress. Nini is still missing.

So at ths stage, we are thankful and yes, trust anyone (even a cow?? lol) who gives us hope that she is alive.