Monday 21 January 2008

Lingam: Looks like me, sounds like me

Despite being identified by earlier witnesses, lawyer Datuk V.K. Lingam today insisted before the Royal Commission of Inquiry probing a controversial video-clip that the person featured in the clip "looks like me and sounds like me".

"Irrespective of what others said, it looks like me and sounds like me," he told the commission.

"I have conducted my own checks and the only way to verify its authenticity is to have the original equipment used to record it and the original recording is produced," he said.

On another crucial point, the 57-year-old who has been practising law for 20 years, said he had never telephoned the former Chief Justice Tun Ahmad Fairuz Sheikh Abdul Halim and neither had the judge contacted him on the phone.

Lingam was the 13th witness to be called, and was summoned after Loh Gwo Burne had testified this morning that he was the person who recorded the video clip, and had passed a copy of it to lawyer Manjit Singh.

Read the full report in the Sun: here

Pix: The Sun

No comments: