Thursday 19 February 2009

Embattled Elizabeth Wong goes overseas – Malaysiakini

Bukit Lanjan assemblyperson and Selangor executive councillor Elizabeth Wong (picture left), currently embroiled in a nude photographs controversy, today left the country for an undisclosed location overseas.

Wong also confirmed her determination to relinquish all her posts, despite the numerous calls for her to change her mind. – Malaysiakini

In a statement released to the press, Wong said:

“This is the darkest episode in my life. I have never felt so alone, vulnerable and humiliated. I need to rest and to search for peace of mind to get away from the stormy events surrounding me.

“I have informed my party leaders that I am determined to relinquish all my positions, as a Selangor state exco member as well as the state assemblywoman for Bukit Lanjan.”

Wong on Tuesday offered to resign from her state cabinet post and state assembly seat after nude photographs of her were distributed in public.

She has since lodged a police report, seeking an investigation into the matter.It is believed that the photographs were taken while she was sleeping and without her consent.

Although Selangor police chief Khalid Abu Bakar yesterday said police will record a statement from Wong’s former boyfriend, she warned that the controversy was far from over.

“I have been informed that they will continue to publish even more lewd graphical, sensational stories of my private life. I have also been told there will be a fresh assault, with more photographs and videos released and circulated in order to completely degrade and bury me,” Wong said.

However, the former boyfriend has gone missing and is believed to be overseas.

In a moving SMS message to her close friends today, Wong wrote:

“Please remember me as the person I was, not what they are now making me to be.”

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Is it possible that:

(1) Anwar and Eli pakat to put on a show? After all, the photos are really not that sexy lah. And after screaming "foul", Eli said, "I quit" and so BN has to face a third by-election, which if the Pakatan team were to win, in addition to the other two, will be seen as an "aye" for Pakatan anda "nae" for BN.

(2) Like the Hee woman, Eli has been "bought" by BN to quit. But she is a lot more cleverer than Hee as she staged this wayang and so not only become richer but also the most loved lady in Malaysia.

SIGH...I am now really paranoid. Just can't believe whatever I see happening in this Bolehland.

bibliobibuli said...

bought???? which part of uranus are you from??

Anonymous said...

anon@6:28PM,

i don't think eli is that sort of person you can bring into trickery and deceit.

she was betrayed. it was malicious. why she is being done in this way, we can only guess.

one thing is clear, she cannot be im politics. it is obvious to us all, that she hsa crumbled, and is crumbling.
the weight of the episode, which is, really nothing yet, is overwhelming.

now she knows what politics is. and i won't be too quick to blame the BN.

if my hunch is right, it is people in her ranks and in her party who are trying to ruin her.

she should quit. period. it will get uglier and worse for her and for her party.

i'm sorry to say that that's the only way for her, although she is the victim here.

that said, THEY should go after the culprit or culprits who are behind or infront or wherever in the despicable scheme.