Sunday 2 March 2008

Go for the tried & tested - says Shahrizat

Datuk Seri Shahrizat Jalil who will be defending her Lembah Pantai Parliamentary seat for the fourth time has asked voters to let her record speak for herself and urged them to go for the tried and tested.

Shahrizat is being challenged by newcomer Nurul Izzah Anwar, the 27-year-old eldest daughter of Keadilan’s adviser, Datuk Seri Anwar Ibrahim, and Periasamy Nagarathnam, a independent candidate who broke ranks from the MIC in 2000

She told the voters they must ensure the practicality of their choice and BN (including the Alliance) had been tried and tested for the last 50 years.

"The challenge for me and my workers in my Lembah Pantai service centre is to ensure the further development of the area but in a balanced manner," she said in an interview with Bernama.

Her message is simple: Choose a party that had been tested the last 50 years and ensure that your choice will be able to work for you and with the government.

Lembah Pantai has an estimated 170,000 residents but only 57,000 are registered voters. Malays comprise 54.5 per cent of the voters, Chinese 27.6 per cent, Indians 18.2 per cent and others one per cent.

Full interview: here

This is one difficult choice if I were a voter in Lembah Pantai. Thank God, I'm not. I think Shahrizat has been a hardworking MP. My sister and I like them both (Sharizal & Nurul), though I dont know them personally. I am all for a strong Opposition ...to check the all-powerful BN. Still it'd be like the Malay proverb ditelan mati emak, dibuang mati bapak. Luckily I am in Kelana Jaya. Easier choice to be made. And I will stay focussed.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good for you tok mommy. Dont have to burn up your brain to decide who to vote for.

Many of us are in a quandry. Vote for the candidate or vote for the party.

Not all BN candidates are bad, if you know what I mean. I'd have no to problem voting for Sharizat or Mukhriz But they not standing in the constituency where am voting.

But...ayoh manyak susah lo!

Hi&Lo said...

"Tried and tested for last 50 years..."

Dah baci. We need fresh ideas. At first we had it good.

At the Sepilok Orang Utan Rehabilitation Sanctuary, the wardens feed the orang utans the same diet day after day. This is to encourage the latter to foray for their own food in the jungle after they bosan with the same food.

don't tell me we are worse than orang utan.