Saturday 26 April 2008

Ku Li to contest Umno presidency

Saturday, 26 April 2008

(The Star) KOTA BARU: Gua Musang Umno division head Tengku Razaleigh Hamzah said he would contest the Umno presidency despite the transition plan of the top party leadership.

He said the succession plan between Prime Minister Datuk Seri Abdullah Ahmad Badawi and his deputy Datuk Seri Najib Tun Razak had nothing to do with the party and he had the right to contest if he had enough nominations.

“It concerns Umno, not the Government. I will offer myself if I have enough nominations from the divisions. It has nothing to do with the Government.

“I am not contesting, I am offering myself to serve, so if I have enough nominations I will offer myself (for the contest),” he told reporters when met at the Sultan so far only Tengku Razaleigh has come up in the open with his intention. And Abdullah
has welcomed "any challenges as I can’t be running away".Ismail Petra Airport here yesterday.

Abdullah said recently that he would defend his presidency and he would discuss the transition plan with Najib after the Umno general assembly in December. –
Bernama

(So far only Tengku Razaleigh has come up in the open with his intention. And Pak Lah has welcomed 'any challenges as I can’t be running away' . But can he get enough number of nominations to enable him to contest with the quota system stilk in place? Well, you never know. With mounting pressure for Pak Lah to step down and if there are enough members still unhappy with the top leadership, Ku Li might get more nominations to run for party president now compared with just one nomination that he received in the last party polls.)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

It will be tough because many around Pak Lah will try to protect him because they are protecting their self interest.

But looking at Umno now, I believe you are the best man for the job.

Get your menn cracking if you are serious in cahllenging Pak Lah. Go to the ground, go to the grassroots.

All the best!

Anonymous said...

I hope UMNO members would come to sense to vote him. One medicine for the ailing party is to allow democratic process to take place. A vote for him would indicate that members are mature, democratic and have move on beyond "protecting their self interest" .

Anonymous said...

Try to take a look at these;

Part I http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lwUpPzENxdQ

Part II http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I3OU1V2OWD0

Part III http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IhsWgs2FEOk

Part IV http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=53AGsuVvfTM

Regards.