Thursday 24 April 2008

So why did she retract her statement?

The woman who alleged that a former Cabinet minister had outraged her modesty now wants to withdraw her report, claiming she "misunderstood” the incident.

She regretted lodging the police report, as there was no intention on the part of the former minister, who is still an MP, to outrage her modesty or act inappropriately.

“I am afraid I may have misinterpreted or misheard (him). The VIP concerned is known to always joke like that and it is normal for him to be like that,” she said, and apologised for lodging the report.

“When he jokes, he sometimes likes to touch my shoulder or arms but it is something that I accepted as normal among friends especially those we have known for a long time,” she said.

The Star has the story:

Ex-minister had no intention of outraging my modesty, says lounge promoter


KUALA LUMPUR: The woman who alleged that a former Cabinet minister had outraged her modesty now wants to withdraw her report, claiming she misunderstood” the incident.

The 30-year-old promoter at a lounge in a five-star hotel here, in a statutory declaration sent to Attorney-General Tan Sri Abdul Gani Patail through her lawyer Datuk Muhammad Shafee Abdullah, said she was “sensitive and moody” at the time of the incident last Thursday.

She said she had known the former minister over the past five years, and that he had acted in jest without any bad intention.

However, she said she felt offended at that time due to her “complicated mood which led to her lodging a police report the next day.

“I realise now that I may have misunderstood the entire episode that took place last Thursday.

“When he jokes, he sometimes likes to touch my shoulder or arms but it is something that I accepted as normal among friends especially those we have known for a long time,” she said in her statement.

The woman also said she regretted lodging the police report, as there was no intention on the part of the former minister, who is still an MP, to outrage her modesty or act inappropriately.


She said she was used to the VIP’s jokes and “rough ways” and had never objected to his actions nor felt offended by it previously.

“I cannot remember exactly the conversation between me and the VIP although in my statement to the police I may have said something else.

“I am afraid I may have misinterpreted or misheard (him). The VIP concerned is known to always joke like that and it is normal for him to be like that,” she said, and apologised for lodging the report.

Gani confirmed he had received a fax copy of the statutory declaration from Muhammad Shafee.

“I will forward this request to the police and it is up to them to investigate and get back to me,” he said. - Source the Star.

(This is so pathetic. Why would she do that? Why the retraction? Was she forced to do so? Was there any money involved. Was she paid? She seems to have a selective memory. Now, should the police charge the promoter for lodging a false report? Will the ex Cabinet Minister still be charged?)

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Tok Mom,

Charge both: The ex Minister for outraging her modesty and charge her for lodging a false report.

Fair & square.

Anonymous said...

It's all about money, money, money. Lol
================================

I work all night, I work all day, to pay the bills I have to pay
Ain't it sad
And still there never seems to be a single penny left for me
That's too bad
In my dreams I have a plan
If I got me a wealthy man
I wouldn't have to work at all, I'd fool around and have a ball

Money, money, money
Must be funny
In the rich man's world
Money, money, money
Always sunny
In the rich man's world
Aha-ahaaa
All the things I could do
If I had a little money
It's a rich man's world

Anonymous said...

Whoa! Who is this ex-cabinet Minister, I wonder.

Hmmm, he is an MP but not in the Cabinet.

Is he from Pahang? Are his initials double Js? Can anyone confirm?

Anonymous said...

Why is this minister so stupid? He's loaded,why not marry 2nd,3rd or fourth.Ini mesti kes nafsu kuat tenaga kurang.Bodoh punya jantan! ah sekarang bini yang tua tu dah tahu kes ini...jangan haraplah, yang tua tu pun tak kasi!!

Anonymous said...

Oh, dont I know them...most of them. So gatal.Pantang nampak perempuan dahi licin. Menteri2 ini semua dari dulu sampai sekarang perangai tak ubah macam setan. Especially yang takut bini. Depan takut, belakang bini gatal macam ulat bulu, lebih2 lagi kalau di luar negara, lupda daratan.

I know. I should know.

Anonymous said...

Apart from charging her for lodging a false police report, can she also be charged for extortion?

Letting the time pass me by said...

Tapi ex-Menteri tu pun boleh counter report yang kata itu minah yang sebenarnya raba dia...

Dan kalau semua saksi kata sebenarnya itu Minah yang sudah raba itu Menteri amacam?

Maverick SM said...

That woman was motivated to reconsider her thoughts and review her allegation. She was motivated to accept an offer with due consideration. It's a good contract.

Anonymous said...

This is what happens when human have no principals and integrity! The woman and VIP are the same.

How bad can the intimidation can be? Really bad?? Make another police report on intimidation and harrassement la. Obviously, a price tag has been done deal on her integrity already la... Lawyer fees are not cheap ok. What more that lawyer!? You tell me, lounge hostess can afford such fees? BOLLOCKS!

Yes, I think she should be charged in court for making false report and being stupid! Hopefully, she will learn to be more clever in life from now on.

puteri said...

Kak Ton,

Rasa nak sepak2 muka betina ni. Real bimbo. Stupid.

For five years she allowed this gatal MP to touch and "raba"2 her and all of a sudden she was not in the "right" mood she acused him for outraging her modesty.

For five years this raunchy guy did all that & she thought it was ok.

What was she thinking?

Ini di katakan dah kena buku dengan ruas. You mix around with this sort of people, that's how they gonna treat you...with NO RESPECT.

I say she deserves it!Stupid!

And that MP...what can I say. Mengambil kesempatan aje.

Buaya darat!

Anonymous said...

Maria,

I maybe prejudice, but most your question on these issue are same as mine. This confirmed the accusations and allegations by the oppositions, the BN leaders are of questionable character..not all..but too many of them, including this X Minister..you know who.

Many questions will be unanswered and of course you know why. We had this episodes here and there, DULU, KINI DAN SELAMA NYA' and it is all the same ending. Yes..I am being prejudice but history has its `affidavits' too.

After the recent GE12, BN lost many seats and some of the reasons given are issues on morality, intergrity and the bad hats in BN. Some may say it is personal, private life etc etc. No..No..it is a very wrong perception.

As for this case, the promoter should be charge for making false report and of course the X Minister should be charge too. They never change, so we have to change them. They never learn, so lets teach them to learn. We had enough of these. Enough is enough.

RAMLI MOHD YUNUS
Alor Star, Kedah.